A password (PIN) is a safeguard to ensure only you have access to your library account. A password is required, along with your library card number, whenever you log in to LINKcat. You will also need your password when using self-checkout stations at the library.
Changing your password
Log into LINKcat by using your library card number and password (PIN). To log in, click My Dashboard / Log in in the upper right-hand corner, and choose My Dashboard.
- At the bottom of your Library Dashboard screen, click My Personal Details.
- Click Change Password/PIN. The Change your password form will pop-up.
- In the Current Password box, enter your current password.
- In the New Password box, enter the new password. Your password must be at least 4 characters long.
- In the New Password (again) box, enter the new password for a second time.
- Click the Submit button and refresh the browser.
Contact your local library for help if you are having difficulty logging in or have forgotten your password.
For your protection
Log out and close your browser after using LINKcat on any public computer to prevent other users from viewing your searches or other account information. To log out, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner, and choose Logout.
Printable version of Passwords and Privacy help (pdf)
Information Collected via Google Analytics
South Central Library System websites, including LINKcat, use Google Analytics to capture and analyze web statistics. The information gathered is used to improve LINKcat for site users. No personal information is stored or collected by Google Analytics, and Google Analytics does not collect information related to your library account or search history.
Google Analytics uses a browser cookie to gather statistics related to browsing behavior on these websites. Data typically collected include: Network Location; Hostname; web pages requested; referring web page; browser used; screen resolution; date and time. No personal information is stored or collected by Google Analytics, and Google Analytics does not collect information related to your library account or search history. If you choose, you may opt out by turning off cookies in your browser preferences or using the Google Analytics Opt‐out Browser Add‐on. Please note that turning off cookies may cause certain functions of LINKcat and other websites to not function properly. For more information on Google Analytics, visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Google Analytics is used on the following sites:
- linkcat.info (LINKcat, LINKcat Don't Miss Lists, LINKcat Help)
- scls.info (Online Resources and other websites provided by South Central Library System)